Saturday 3 January 2015

Cycling through Clouds in Central Asia: Leaving Urumqi; Today: 220 km; Total: 3525 km



July 9-10, 2014

After three days in Urumqi, we decided to leave. We had packed everything the night before and woke up early to leave, but Fausto didn't feel well, so we decided to rest one more day. Then, in the afternoon, I felt sick. I had lost my appetite, I had a headache and I had diarrhea. For 24 hours, I didn't eat anything. The next morning, when we wanted to leave, Fausto asked me if I was really sure to start that day because I was sick. I could not imagine another day in Urumqi, so I decided hit the road.

Going out of Urumqi was not difficult. The way was downhill most of the times, so we went through massive construction sites in the suburbs on to the road toward east. The weather was OK, cloudy, but at the end of the day, we had strong head wind.
 
July 10, 2014

Nothing special! Woke up early, had breakfast, rode our bikes till one thirty, had a flat, started again at 4, stopped by a nice farm, took a bathe in the water running for the farm, and dinner. 



No comments:

Post a Comment