Thursday 23 August 2012

From Barcelona to Tehran: Epilogue


Epilogue:

I would like to thank each and every one of you who helped me get this job done. My special thanks to my dear friends Luis Marmelo, Majid Khosravi Nik, and Stephaen Callahan who helped put my bike and equipment together for this trip. How can I thank those who were with me on this trip by reading my notes and dropping me a line? Knowing that someone would read my blog always gave me more reasons to keep going and helped me beat loneliness. I would also like to thank the people who allowed me to put up my tent on their property or in their village especially in Turkey and Iran where campgrounds were hard to find. And last but not least, I am grateful to those strangers who gave me a glass of water or tea, who shook my hand or gave me a hug, those drivers who sounded their horns to encourage me, the pedestrians who stretched their hands to give me a high five, or just shouted “hi” in English or in their own language. I would like all of you to know that without your support, I couldn’t have completed my journey. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment